I’m a big fan of brunch. Some weekends I prefer to stay home and enjoy my brunch rather than going out. Usually it’s on a Saturday, because most of the unlimited alcohol (only way to do brunch) deals are on Sunday. I like to make pancakes, because they are easy, eggs for the same reason and turkey bacon, also for the same reason. These are usually the parts of all my brunches. With work all week I don’t have time in the morning to cook a meal, photograph, eat it, and write about it, so I enjoy dusting my kitchen and putting it to use at the end of the week. Here’s how I get down… Decided to make my own McGriddle inspired sandwich. Whole wheat pancakes with nutella and vanilla protein powder (I pretend to be healthy sometimes), eggs (the real deal, not just whites today), and turkey bacon. Real food bloggers give recipes so here we go:
Aunt Jemima whole pancake flour
Vanilla whey protein powder
1 cup of milk
1) mix the flour, a scoop of protein powder, a spoonful of nutella, milk, and the 1 egg in a bowl until it’s lump free
2) make pancakes (who doesn’t know how to make pancakes?)
3) scramble the eggs or fry them, however you like it
4) fry the bacon
5) put the eggs and bacon between 2 or in my case 4 pancakes (2 on the bottom, 2 on the top)
6) cover the whole thing in syrup and or more Nutella or both
7) Enjoy 🙂
8) go back to bed
This is pretty much a variation of the same meal except not in a sandwich form and with a slice of honey wheat toast added. Yay more carbs.
Best to wash down a delicious homemade carby brunch with homemade mimosas consisting of orange juice and cheap champagne.
Back when I was shacking up with my lovah, homemade brunches were the norm on weekends. This particular day we decided to make home fries, homemade guacamole, and an egg scramble with peppers and onions. Yummy in my tummy. Home Fries: We used regular potatoes, chopped them into small squares and fried them in oil on the stove until done crispy outside soft inside. Guacamole: We used hass avocados mixed with garlic, seasoned salt, chopped tomatoes, and lime juice Eggs: We scrambled eggs and cooked them with chopped sweet peppers and onions
Okay, so I lied. More homemade meals, but you have to admit that huge McGriddle looks delicious. I’d like to say breakfast is my specialty which is not saying much at all.
- Chocolate and Spice Pancakes (gluten free) (thoroughlynourishedlife.com)
- Pork & Pancakes: A Brunch at Stagioni (withthegrains.com)
- Homemade McGriddles (hilahcooking.com)
- How to make protein pancakes – Flap Jacked and Walden Farms Syrup (jerseygirltalk.com)
- Mimosas, Mimosas Recipe & Mimosas Drink | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)